The national office of the Muscular Dystrophy Foundation of South Africa (MDF), situated in Florida Park, Jo'burg are looking for a Manager / Project co-ordinator who will report to the National Executive Committee.
Management functions include database development and maintenance, fund raising, networking, awareness raising and admin as well as co-ordinating of special projects. The candidate must be willing to travel locally and nationally.
The incumbent must have a keen interest in the support, development and wellbeing of people with disabilities and must be able to conduct his or her duties with understanding of the constraints and difficulties faced by people with disabilities.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Preparation, implementation and management of annual budgets.
- Admin management of internal processes, meetings and procedures.
- Liaising with stakeholders, ensuring good relations and reporting thereon.
- Ensuring full compliance to legislations.
- Implementing sound financial requirements.
- Keeping abreast of MD developments.
- Ensuring information is communicated to branches.
- Maintaining the MDF website.
- Ensuring adequate income.
- Ensuring the successful delivery of projects.
- Identifying new areas of development.
- Co-ordination and delivery of capacity building workshops, strategic planning exercises and training.
REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Three year tertiary qualification
- 5 years experience in management position
- Computer literate in all MS applications
- Strong strategic thinking
- Strong attention to detail
- Networking skills
- Problem solving skills and good attention to detail
- Able to work independently
- Able to meet deadlines, goals and work under pressure