On the Roll
Since the start of the Rolling+ programme, QASA have:
- Reached more than 400 people through strategic partnership opportunities and in meetings to promotethe network and support groups.
- Trained more than 260 people with disabilities in HIV/AIDS/ STI/TB day workshops.
- Trained 19 people with disabilities as Peer Facilitators.
- Involved about 200 people with disabilities throughout South Africa in unique (first for South Africa) research aimed at establishing a baseline for reproductive health and HIV/AIDS/STI/TB knowledge, attitudes, beliefs and practices amongst people with disabilities. The findings will feed into the design and implementation of the QASA Rolling+programme and strategy.
- Provided 540 people with disabilities with counselling, information, education, communication and referrals for sexual reproductive health services.
- Provided training resources in the Free State and Gauteng.
Rolling+ is now ready to rollout the programme in six provinces and will be conducting two-day workshops in Limpopo, North West, Free State, Gauteng and Western Cape with an advanced skills workshop in Gauteng and Western Cape during the next three months.
QASA regards Rolling+ as a project with great potential to assist the QASA family to increase their outreach to the broader community of disabled people in our country.
We encourage interested parties to support the programme. Contact Vernon Openshaw to find out how you can be involved and earn additional income by organising network meetings, conducting KAP surveys and by co-hosting workshops.